Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend treasure hunting



Hey folks!  Sorry for the few days of hiatus.  This particular weekend has been chock full of local geeky things.  Yesterday was the first day of the Book Bonanza.  Its perhaps the largest used book sale in my region.  Yesterdays sale was $.50 paperbacks and $1 hardcover with newer or rare books priced anywhere from $2 - $10.  My wife and I are huge bibliophiles, so we braved the crowds for some treasure.  Today the sale is $2 a freaking bag!  The wife wont go for two early mornings in a row so I'm adventuring solo with a set limit of $10, which could score me over a hundred books.  Yesterday I scored some awesome scifi/fantasy goodies and today I plan on getting there before the doors open so I can scoop up anything that didn't get picked over yesterday.


Later today the fam and I are trucking  45 minutes away for the annual Rock and Gem show.  I've got it on good authority that they have a geological "JABLAMO" of discounted discoveries.  (Yes, I just made that word up)  I'm talking crystals, minerals and even fossils.  

True, not all geeks are science geeks as well.  And of those that are, not all would get excited about crystals and fossils.  But I'm just that geeky.

1 comment:

RetroPengo said...

Heh, I also had a hiatus, but for all my shiny new video games. I sure have a lot of previews and reviews to get to. But i have something else i'm going to post first.